BBQ Chicken Salads
makes 2 restaurant-size salads
- 1 (8oz) boneless skinless chicken breast
- 6 c. romaine lettuce, lightly chopped
- 1 c. Monterrey jack cheese, shredded
- 6 basil leaves, sliced thin
- 1/2 c. black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 c. whole kernel corn
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 c. tomatoes, diced
- 1/3 c. ranch dressing
- 1/4 c. barbecue sauce
- corn chips
- salt and pepper
Salt and pepper the chicken and place on the grill over medium heat for 6 minutes on each side. Remove from the grill and set aside to rest.
Toss together lettuce, basil, cheese, beans, corn, cilantro, and ranch dressing. Divide the mixture between two separate plates. Sprinkle each salad with half the tomatoes and crush 2 or 3 corn chips over the top.
Slice the chicken into small pieces and toss with barbecue sauce. Divide the chicken and place half on each salad. Serve immediately.