After all, quality brushes are not cheap. So in order to keep them in great condition, you need to take care of your investment.
1. Start by wetting your brushes under running water. Hold the brush with the hair facing downwards. You want to avoid water getting in the metal or wooden handle. If water settles in that area, it can break down the glue over time.
2. Then add a little bit of a brush cleanser to the palm of your hand. Gently swirl the brush, letting the soap lather. You can also use a gentle antibacterial soap or baby shampoo to clean them.
3. Rinse the brush under the running water. Repeat the cleansing process until the water runs clear. This make take a few times with your bronzer or blush brush.
4. Gently squeeze out any excess water from the brush.
5. Reshape the brush to it’s natural state, and lay flat on a towel to dry.
I like to wash my brushes at night, so that they are dry in the morning when I need to use them. There are brush cleaning sprays that work great for quickly cleaning the color out of a brush so you can immediately use it. They are the best for when you’re in a hurry, or want to use the brush with multiple colors of makeup.
These are my top picks for makeup brush cleansers.
What other questions do you have about makeup brushes? I am happy to try to tackle any of your bristly issues!