I came across the most amazing looking dessert a few weeks ago and put it on my list of recipes to try. I finally got around to making it and it was AMAZING! I’ve been trying to cut out artificial sugar and eat more “clean,” I’m pregnant and don’t want to gain 100 pounds for my baby or my sake. This Raw Chocolate Buttercream Tart recipe is so delicious, flavorful, and has such a nice complex taste that you won’t believe it’s actually good and healthy for you. Beware, when you make it you might just eat the entire thing!
This Raw Chocolate Buttercream Tart is the perfect dessert for someone who wants to eat healthier, cleaner, or who just wants a dessert that has amazing flavor and is good for you!
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup dates
- Chocolate buttercream:
- 1 cup dates
- 3/4 cup water
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 2 tablespoon cashew butter (I used peanut butter)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- To make the crust:
- Pulse the walnuts in a food processor until chopped finely.
- Add the dates and process until they stick together.
- Press into the bottom and up the side of a lined spring form pan or tart molds.
- To make the buttercream:
- Blend all the ingredients until smooth.
- Refrigerate overnight so the flavors can intensify.
- Spread buttercream evenly into your crust.