Hi! I’m Briton from BritonAlo.com! On my blog I share style, beauty, and fashion tips and deals. I am so happy to be here today sharing tips for healthy summer hair to help give Courtney the time she needs to snuggle and love on her sweet new baby boy.
I have had long hair for most of my life and it is currently the longest it has ever been, reaching down to my waist. Long hair can be hard to care for but if it’s your goal these tips will help get you started!
1. If you’ll be spending a lot of time outside be sure to wear a hat to protect your hair from the sun.
2. If you won’t be wearing a hat, apply sunscreen to your part. A flaky, peeling part not only hurts but it looks terrible, too.
3. If you’re spending a day in the wind (water sports or a winding beach) consider braiding your hair to protect it from whipping around. I spent an afternoon with my hair down at a REALLY windy beach in North Carolina once and I had to borrow my baby niece’s detangler to even make a dent in the tangled nest I came home with! This Dutch Crown Braid would be perfect.
4. Before swimming in the pool get your hair wet and rub in some coconut oil. It will provide a barrier between your hair and the pool chemicals. Nothing kills your hair’s vibe like chlorine!
5. Always rinse your hair after swimming in the pool. Getting that chlorine out will do wonders for your hair’s color. Trust me, I spent my childhood summers not rinsing and had seriously green hair!
6. Deep condition regularly and often, at least once a week! You can see the one I use plus my other favorite inexpensive hair products here.
7. Get an end of summer trim. My daughter asks me to cut off her “crispies” when her ends are damaged and dead. The summer really does a number on her hair so a trim just before school starts gets her hair back in shape. Ends that dry very quickly after the shower and are hard to comb through are past their prime so get them trimmed and your hair will look and feel much better!
Have a happy and healthy summer!